If you find yourself struggling to keep your commitment to consistent bible study, you are not alone. Most women desire to spend more time reading Gods word, but somehow life happens. We often find ourselves at the end of another day, too tired to even open our bibles, much less study God’s word. Sometimes it is as simple as finding your motivation to seek out God’s word daily.
It’s not always easy to stay motivated when everyday life challenges interfere with your desire to spend time in God’s word. I am right there with you, longing for some me time so that I can cozy up with my bible and my journal. Sometimes I have to remind myself of reasons why it’s important to take time to read my bible, even in the face of everyday challenges.
I would like to share with you my “Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Commit to Daily Scripture Reading.”
1. To Prosper and Have Success in Life- Joshua 1:8 states “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.”
2. To Grow in Faith- Rom: 10:17 states, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
3. To Increase in Wisdom: Proverbs 3:13 states, “Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding.”
4. To Get Clarity and Direction for Life- Psalm 119:105 states, “Truth’s shining light guides me in my choices and decisions; the revelation of your word makes my pathway clear.” .
5. To Decrease Stress and Anxiety: Proverbs 12:25 states, “A person’s anxiety will weigh him down, but an encouraging word makes him joyful.”
There are many reasons for staying motivated to read God’s word each day. When you find yourself struggling to keep your commitment to consistent bible study, take a moment to discover your top motivators.